Beyer Park Overview
One of my priorities as your Councilmember is to ensure our communities have equitable access to green space. Therefore, it is my pleasure to inform you that the City of San Diego received $8.5 million dollars in grant funding to initiate the construction for the first phase of Beyer Park. The project consists of the construction of an eight-acre park located near Beyer Boulevard and Enright Drive and will serve the District 8 communities of San Ysidro and Otay Mesa.
The opening of the park is tentatively scheduled for 2023. Stay tuned for more updates!
Beyer Park Amenities
- Multi-purpose turf field with 3 youth fields and 1 adult field overlay with site lighting
- Children’s playground area with climbing rocks
- Picnic areas, benches, amphitheater seat walls, trash enclosures, and shade structures
- Dog parks decomposed granite and permeable paver plaza
- Skate park
- Half basketball court
- Walking trails
- Comfort station
- Street improvements and sidewalk
- Storage building
- Parking lot
- Fitness nodes
- Monument sign
- 5’ height chain link fence at turf fields and skate park
- 3’ lodgepole fence
- 12’ wide maintenance access road
- I hosted a Beyer Park public meeting on 01/30/2021. You can re-watch it here.
- Check out a more detailed plan for the Beyer Park here.
- Visit CIP Project Page for a more detailed schedule and budget information here.
- Check out the City Project page for additional information here.